Many of the photos that appear in The Infamous and on TheInfamousMag.com come from you, the reader. To make it easier for readers to contribute, we’ve created a new way to contribute flicks. Use the contact form below to tell us how you want your photo credit to appear, attach your photos, let us know any important information about those photos, and to agree to our terms for contributors. (This form is primarily for those who wish to contribute photos to The Infamous, but you can also attach text and other files.)
Here are some guidelines for contributing photos, text, or other content to the magazine:
- The Infamous prides itself on having new, exclusive content, that has generally not been seen anywhere else except where that piece of art physically exists. We try really hard not to have any photos that have already been all over the Internet, Facebook, Twitter, or whatever. So please help us help provide the freshest photos to our readers by only sending us photos that, to the best of your knowledge, have not been on the Internet, have not been in other magazines, or that haven’t been distributed through any other media, electronic or otherwise.
- The Infamous requires “high-resolution” photos. A digital image is a mosaic of pixels. The greater density of those pixels – the higher the resolution of the image – the better that photo looks. All print magazines require a resolution of 300 pixels per inch or more. So for us to print something, it should be at least 1,800 pixels wide. In short, please set your camera on its highest-quality setting. Here’s a more technical explanation.
- The better the camera you use, the better the quality of the photo and the more likely we are to use it. As far as they’ve come, phone cameras often don’t cut it in terms of quality and resolution. We’re not saying you need a super-fancy camera, but the cameraphone will likely only work under the best conditions.
- While we like pictures of what you’ve added to each copy of The Infamous on the “Blackbook” pages, and we like to see what you’ve done in your own blackbook, pictures of other pictures don’t really work, so please keep that in mind.
- If you’re in any doubt, just submit the photos – if we like them and we can use them, we will. Even if they are low-resolution, we can still use them on the website.
- Remember to include a name in the second field (“Name of Contributor”) so that we can give you a shoutout and let everybody else know it was your photo.
Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form
The Infamous – Terms of Contribution
By contributing images, text, or any other content (“Contribution”) to The Infamous, you unconditionally grant the rights (“License”) The Infamous the following:
- The right to use, publish, and transmit Contribution as The Infamous sees fit throughout the world, whether in print or in electronic form:
- In all editions of a single issue of The Infamous magazine, on TheInfamousMag.com, on any of The Infamous’ social media websites, or in any other media published by The Infamous.
- If The Infamous sees fit, The Infamous may share Contribution with any of The Infamous’ media and/or commercial partners, for the use of Contribution by that organization.
- The right, after the original use, to publish Contribution in any other media published by The Infamous and/or similar publications and in other collections of material published by The Infamous, whether in print or digitally, anywhere in the world.
- Right to use, store, publish, or transmit your Contribution in internal archives and databases.
- For the avoidance of doubt, all rights of whatever nature (without limitation, throughout the world) which you have in your Contribution other than those you expressly grant to us under this License are retained by you.
- You may revoke your Contribution, the License granted to The Infamous, and any and all of the above rights which you have granted to The Infamous by e-mailing us at pics [at] the infamousmag.com.
- If you choose to revoke the above rights to Contribution, please provide the e-mail address you used at the time of Contribution, the Name of Contributor, the names of the files you uploaded for the Contribution, and, if possible, the date that you made the Contribution.
- In the event that you choose to revoke the rights granted to The Infamous for the Contribution, The Infamous reserves the right to run your photos in the printed edition of the magazine if your revocation is received within less than seven (7) days of that printed edition’s production date (i.e. when the edition is sent to the printer).
- The Infamous reserves the right to reject and to not use any Contribution, from any party, for any reason, without explanation.